Sonntag, 2. März 2014

Project 333 - Thoughts and an honest look in my closet


At the moment, you stumble a lot about this theme, when looking for styling tipps:
theproject333

What is this?

"The Basics

  • When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
  • What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
  • What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear,  and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
  • How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
  • What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them."
It fascinates me, that´s why I started with looking in my closet... what do I really have?
So far I´ve counted:
15 skirts!
10 dresses
3 pairs of jeans

I hardly ever wear all those skirts and dresses, so I tried them on and threw some out.
I kept 6 skirts, 2 dresses, put 3 dresses in the tanktop isle because they are a little too short as a dress (they will be worn out after this summer, I fear) and think about trowing out 1 pair of jeans (they get loose).

8 (tank and other) Tops (including the 3 "new" tops formerly known as dresses)
11 Tshirts
12 Longsleeves
5 Pullover/Hoodies/Jackets

Additionally I have
2blouses ( which are on trial now, One is a little tight, Two is in a really lively color)
4 summer cardigans
1 blazer
________________
=54 Items

Not counted: shoes, scarfs, handbags, jewelry, hair jewelry.
Not bad... I recently sorted my closet and trew out a lot of tops, shirts and pullovers. They didn´t fit, weren´t flattering or were torn.
There is the saying, that you wear 20% of your closet at 80% of your time. With that in mind I would only wear 11 pieces. Which is in fact the number of pieces you need for most SWAPs and so on.

So for the next week I challenged myself to wear every skirt... or throw it out!
I´m not starting the project yet but I keep it in mind.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen