Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2014

Wardrobe architect: Week 2 Defining a core style




WARDROBE ARCHITECT
DESIGNING AND BUILDING THOUGHTFUL ATTIRE
Exercise #2
DEFINING A CORE STYLE
When you are wearing your favorite clothing, how do you feel (e.g. confident, sexy, poised, powerful, etc)?
Grown-up, stylish, elegant, comfy,  proportioned, free, confident, warm

When you’re wearing something that is not quite right, how do you feel? What are the feelings you want to avoid about the clothes you wear?
itchy, frumpy, unsecure, locked in, squeezing out
Who do you consider to be your style icons? What is it about them that appeals to you?
I think I see sewing bloggers as my style icons. Especially those, who often wear skirts and dresses.
Cat by Allures und coutoures for example : http://allures-und-couture.blogspot.de/ 
My latest discoveries http://yesilikethat.wordpress.com and http://chainstitcher.blogspot.co.uk/ do belong to my inspiration too.

What are some words that describe styles that you like in theory, but are not quite you?
colorful: I don´t feel very secure in too bight colors
puffy: Although I adore the lolita style, I´m not very happy with those overly puffy skirts, sleeves and similar.
skinny: I like fitted clothes but I don´t like them to clinge on my body... I need some space and air to breath.
Uncover the styles that make you feel like yourself and attach words and images to them.
Simple, chic, 

Look over your answers from last week on history, philosophy, culture, community, activities,
location, and body. List at least 15 words that you associate with your answers. Think
about descriptive words, moods, and feelings you associate with these things:
Fun, practical, mysterious, dark, casual
ecological,special, handmade, unique, balancing
lady-like, cozy, fitting, timeless, warm
versatile
Look over the answers to all of the questions above. If you had to narrow your list to only
3-5 words to describe you, which words would you choose?
Simple, Cozy, Lady-like, versatile, Fun!

VISUAL EXERCISE:
Collect 15-20 images that represent these 3-5 words for you. You could create a pinterest
board, a folder on your computer, a moodboard, or a collage. Be creative and have fun!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen